Are you a student who has an excellent project in mind that could help benefit the campus community? Are you a group of students who are fundraising to start a new a service or attend a conference? If you are an Okanagan College Students’ Union member and have a great initiative that would help benefit the campus community, we encourage you to apply for our Student Initiatives program.
How it Works:
How to Get Reimbursed
- Download and fill out the Reimbursement form. Please list all items individually (except for multiples of the same item).
- DO: List each item you bought and its price. If you bought multiples of the same item, the price should be the total of those items.
- DO: Be reasonably specific when listing your expenses, like “5 boxes of granola bars” or “pack of pencils.” (You don’t need to include brand names or flavours.)
- DO NOT: Use vague terms like “groceries” or “stationary supplies”
- Scan or take pictures of your receipts. Itemized receipts are mandatory for each item purchased; otherwise, we will not reimburse them.
- Email your form and receipts to email@example.com.
- Please allow 5 business days for us to review your expenses.
- We will mail you a cheque if and when your expenses have been approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I go over budget?
While there is no penalty for exceeding your budget, you will only be reimbursed for the maximum amount you were approved for. For example, if your approved budget was $90, and you spent $100, you will only be reimbursed $90.
What counts as an "Initiative?"
Lots of things! Maybe you’re hosting a movie night, or creating care packages, or are conducting a research project. As long as its core purpose is to benefit Okanagan College students, it’s generally eligible. There is also no minimum amount. Any questions, please ask us!
What items/services are eligible to be reimbursed?
Just about anything, within reason. The items and expenses we approve tend to vary from application to application; context is everything.
For example, if you’re organizing a (COVID-friendly!) beach day for OC students and want to give out snacks, something like 50 individual sized bags of chips and 50 cans of pop would generally be fine. But if you’re trying to buy the same amount of snacks for a get-together for your club of 10 members, you likely won’t be approved.
Is there anything the OCSU will not reimburse?
We absolutely will not reimburse alcohol or any illegal or dangerous goods/services.
We also reserve the right to deny reimbursement for any good or service deemed inappropriate.
What’s the maximum amount OCSU will reimburse?
For individual applications, we will reimburse a maximum of up to $500. For group applications, the amount is $1500.
Please note that you might not be approved for the maximum amount listed above. Maximum reimbursement amounts are determined based on your proposed budget and are subject to approval by our Board of Directors.